In my research I ask some of the following questions:
-- what are the timescales over which large batholiths are constructed?
-- what controls complex spatio-temporal patterns observed in continental arcs?
-- what is the relationship between episodes of arc growth and deformation in the upper plate of convergent systems?
-- what role does delamination play in modifying arc crust? in driving exhumation and deformation at the surface?
In my research, I commonly use the following tools:
- field observation
- zircon U/Pb geochronology (magmatic and detrital)
- radiogenic isotopes
- whole rock geochemistry
I co-manage a laser ablation ICP-MS lab at CSUN with Dr. Joshua Schwartz. Interested in visiting the lab or learning more? Go here.
- early arc development in the southwestern US
- causes of arc flare-ups in the Coast Mountain batholith, British Columbia
- tectonic history of the northern Sierra Nevada
- using detrital zircon analysis of Miocene - Quaternary basinal deposits to constrain San Andreas Fault offset